Comments may be sent to american.scumbags@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Laughter is the best medicine.


Firefighter: “You want answers?”

Taxpayer: “I want the truth!”

Firefighter: “You can't handle the truth!”

[pauses]

Firefighter: “Taxpayer, we live in a world that has fires, and those fires have to be extinguished by men and women with hoses. Whose gonna do it? You? You, other Taxpayer? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for lower taxes, and you curse our chili cookouts. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That our obscene salaries, overtime, benefits, and pensions, while immoral, probably saved my vacation home in Lake Tahoe. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, provides jobs for those who clean my houses and wash my cars. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at unemployment and foreclosure support groups, you want to be, you need to be me, because you’re unemployed and your house is in foreclosure. We use words like overtime orgy, pension spiking, free taxpayer-paid gas for our personal vehicles. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending our obscene salaries, overtime, benefits, and pensions. You use them as a cry for mercy. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a taxpayer who rises and sleeps under the unaffordable illusion of public safety that I provide, and then questions the compensation I extort from you to provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a ladder, and rescue a kitten stuck in a tree. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.”

Taxpayer: “Did you screw the taxpayers?”

Firefighter: “I did the job I...”

Taxpayer: “Did you screw the taxpayers?”

Firefighter: “You're Goddamned right I did!”

No comments:

Post a Comment