By Brad Branan
The Sacramento Bee
Published: Friday, Jan. 6, 2012 - 12:00 am
Last Modified: Thursday, Jan. 12, 2012 - 2:23 pm
Excerpts (see news article cited directly above):
- Last year, Hudson purchased a $78 shoe polisher with "lamb wool buffers," records show.
- Can't he afford to pay for his own shoeshines?
- Turns out, he probably can. That's because he is collecting a $200,000 annual retirement benefit from the city of Riverside, along with his new Sacramento County CEO salary of $258,000 plus benefits.
- $458,000 in combined annual income. ($200,000 annual pension PLUS $258,000 annual salary, plus benefits)
- Why is he able to begin collecting a pension at such a young age where he is still able to work?
- Public servant?
- Or, master system manipulator?