CIV FI (civfi.com)
October 14, 2011
Facts (see news article cited directly above):
- During the decade between 2000 and 2010:
- household income for private sector workers (after adjusting for inflation) DECREASED by 7.0%,
- California firefighters’ pay and pension benefits (after adjusting for inflation) INCREASED by 33%,
- California police officers’ pay and pension benefits (after adjusting for inflation) INCREASED by 28%
- California corrections officers’ pay and pension benefits (after adjusting for inflation) INCREASED by 19%.
- Before 9/11, public safety personnel (firefighters, police, and corrections officers) were reasonably compensated for their valuable services.
- After 9/11, public safety personnel slammed their designer boots on the necks of the taxpayers and demanded obscene salaries, overtime, and pensions.
- Public safety personnel have shamefully exploited the generosity of the taxpayers and have now become public parasites sucking the taxpayers dry.