By Phillip Matier and Andrew Ross, Chronicle Columnist (Matier & Ross)
San Francisco Chronicle (sfgate.com)
October 5, 2011
Facts (see news article cited directly above):
- Last year, 20 nurses at Alta Bates Summit Medical Centers in Oakland and Berkeley were paid between $200,000 and $291,000.
- Average pay for the centers' 1,800 nurses was $136,000 per year.
- 20 Sutter Health bosses were paid more than $1 million. Company CEO Pat Fry was paid nearly $4 million.
- Despicable exploitation of the sick and injured, many of whom are poor, generated the revenue that was used to pay Chief-Parasite Pat Fry (who was paid nearly $4 million), the other parasitic bosses, and the parasitic nurses.
- Don’t support nurses who go on strike. They’re all obscenely overpaid.
- This obscene compensation is one of the reasons why healthcare is unaffordable.