New Jersey Watchdog
October 17, 2011
Facts (see news article cited directly above):
- Sheriff Michael Saudino:
- $268,000 per year ($138,000 salary plus $130,000 pension).
- Saudino retired as Emerson Borough police chief on Dec. 31, then took office as sheriff the following day.
- Undersheriff Steven Librie:
- $219,000 per year ($115,000 salary plus $104,000 pension).
- Librie retired as deputy police chief of Teaneck Twp. in August 2010, then was hired as undersheriff in January.
- Undersheriff Brian P. Smith:
- $218,000 per year ($110,000 salary plus $108,000 pension).
- Smith retired from the Paramus Police Dept. in 2005, then he was hired as undersheriff this year.
- Undersheriff Robert A. Colaneri:
- $204,000 per year ($110,000 salary plus $94,000 pension).
- Colaneri retired from Carlstadt Borough in 2006, then was hired as undersheriff in January 2011.
- Undersheriff Harry Shortway Jr.:
- $186,000 per year ($110,000 salary plus $76,000 pension).
- Shortway retired from Ridgewood Village in 2001, then was hired by Bergen County as undersheriff in January 2011.
- PIGS at the trough!