By Sandy Kleffman and Daniel Willis
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 10/10/2011 12:01:00 AM PDT
Updated: 10/24/2011 11:07:34 AM PDT
Excerpt (see news article cited directly above):
- “ValleyCare CEO Feit maintains that hospital pay should be judged against the millions that many athletes and celebrities such as Paris Hilton earn annually.”
- ValleyCare CEO Feit is a moron.
- Medical care is an INVOLUNTARY purchase.
- Sick or injured persons cannot choose whether or not to purchase medical care.
- Sick or injured persons must purchase medical care.
- Thus, sick or injured persons cannot choose whether or not to contribute to the obscene compensation of hospital executives.
- Conversely, sports and other entertainment products are VOLUNTARY purchases.
- Persons can choose whether or not to purchase sports or other entertainment products (e.g. tickets, trademarked clothing, etc.)
- Thus, persons can choose whether or not to contribute to the compensation of athletes or other entertainers.